Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Beth Ditto launches clothing line?

Don't you just love Beth Ditto? You know, the lead singer for The Gossip? (Well, hopefully you don't love that she said this.) This gal has chutzpah. She revels in her curves. Flaunts them with metalic spandex or nothing at all. Thin starlet Kiera Knightly has said she is jealous of Ditto's form, “I stood there watching her thinking, ‘oh my god that woman is so sexy.’"
Now NME reports she's in talks with New Look to have her own line.(photo from Now Magazine)

3 comments:

PeaceBang said...

No, I don't love Beth Ditto. I think she's sloppy and disgusting. Just because I'm a fat girl doesn't mean I have to get on the Beth Ditto bandwagon. How about a fat role model with good hygiene and some elegance?

Anonymous said...

Good post.

Kat said...

peacebang, I hear you, I really do. There certainly are better style icons and role models. However, I appreciate seeing a volumptuous woman dress and act like any other dirty, sexy rock star. Instead of dressing in all black and trying not to stand out, Ditto is an example of one of the many ways curvy woman can express themselves with fashion. I wish more women were as bold.