Sunday, July 1, 2007

Summer Suit Sales

As sales seem to happening all the time, I was checking out Lane Bryant to see if there were any classic pieces or trendy-yet-affordable pieces to recommend. Unfortunately I found nothing recommend-worthy. Though there were some cute maternity slacks, all of the clearance offering as Lane were lame. Also, if you've ever tried on or purchased a Lane Bryant suit, you know that the jacket quality is, well, not good. Think stretchy polyester.



I did find this cute Calvin Klein linen shirtdress at Macy's. The belt could be replaced with something more substantial, but I would probably go without a belt. The blossom color would be lovely on olive or tanned skin, but I'm not sure it would work with my peaches-n-cream. It's a classic, though, and nearly half-price.


Macy's also has a nice Tahari black suit (jacket and skirt) for $200. The jacket is short, but has a cute belt and goes well with the below-the-knee trumpet skirt. I with Macy's shoes this on a plus-size model, but I think it would work well on ladies with smaller waists.






If price isn't an issue, Nordstrom's is carrying a very chic Anne Klein jacket that looks quite slimming. I love jackets that are designed to be worn unbuttoned. It's got a modern cut with a big collar and long arms that I really like. I would love to see the Nougat color in person, it looks like a chic neutral.

No comments: